Syllabus for 40-50 hours of Salesforce Platform App Builder Certification training
Who should take this course?
When you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Ideal for programmers and point-and-click developers who want to understand the declarative development tools available on the
- Build and customize multi-user Salesforce applications.
- Create custom objects.
- Customize the user interface.
- Create advanced workflows and validation rules.
- Automate business processes with Process Builder, approvals, and flows.
- Manage your data.
- Develop a custom user interface using Lightning App Builder.
Lessons and Topics
- Capabilities of core CRM objects
- Boundaries of declarative customizations
- Use cases for programmatic customizations
- Restricting and extending object, record, and field access
- Determining appropriate sharing solutions
Data Modeling and Management
- Determining an appropriate data model
- Relationship types and impact on record access, user interface, and reporting
- Considerations for changing field types
- Considerations of the schema builder
- Considerations for importing and exporting data
- Use cases of external objects
- Creating reports
- Report types
- Customization options
- Custom buttons, links, and actions
- Declarative options for incorporating Lightning Components
- Declarative customizations available for the Salesforce1 mobile application user interface
Business Logic and Process Automation
- Record types
- Formula fields
- Roll-up summary fields
- Validation rules
- Approval processes
- Visual workflow
- Process builder
- Automating business processes
- Ramifications of field updates and potential for recursion
- Application lifecycle
- Change sets
- Unmanaged and managed packages
- Determining an appropriate deployment plan
- Test preparation
- Practice exam